ENERGY CONSERVATION WITH INCREASED COMPRESSION RATIO AND ELECTRONIC KNOCK CONTROL
This paper discusses the application of an electronic closed loop knock control system to a higher compression ratio engine to allow operation on 91 Research Octane Number fuel. Two cars with different compression ratios are compared with both oxidizing converter - EGR and 3-way oxidizing-reducing converter-EGR closed loop carburetor emission control systems.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Currie, J H
- Grossman, D S
- Gumbleton, J J
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Compression; Converters (Electricity); Electronic control; Energy conservation; Engine knock; Octane number
- Old TRIS Terms: Compression ratio; Converters; Octane rating
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308694
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790173
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM