ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION-LUMINOUS DISPLAYS AND THEIR DRIVE CIRCUITS
This paper reviews active work being carried out in Europe. A newly developed range of I.C.'s is described. The present state of development with DC Electro-luminescence is described, including combined instrument panels which can be made now. The relative merits of other available systems particularly relevant to economics are compared. A range of digital clock variants, including timers, and the integration in tachometer and instrument panels leading to general digital instruments are also described. Also covered are the special problems of trip and total odometers and the available solutions. Finally the paper covers the addition of microprocessors to the control electronics adding the possibility of other fuctions such as diagnostic and message panels.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- SHEPHERD, B
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Digital computers; Electronic equipment; Information display systems; Information dissemination; Instrumentation; Luminescence; Microcomputers; Oedometers
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Displays; Electronic devices
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308692
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790057
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM