DESIGN OF A FAST START GLOW PLUG CONTROL SYSTEM FOR DIESEL ENGINES
In an effort to make the diesel engine vehicle as convenient to drive, as is a spark ignitioned vehicle, Oldsmobile designed a fast warm-up glow plug control system. The new system attains glow plug operating temperature in about 6.5 seconds, compared to 60 seconds for the system it replaces. This paper details the system design which is based on feedback control of a model of the glow plugs.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Sundeen, A R
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Diesel engines; Feedback control
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308683
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790208
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM