A BASEBAND RADAR SYSTEM FOR AUTO BRAKING APPLICATION
This paper describes a Baseband Radar (BAR) sensor for radar braking applications. We show how the normally wide effective beamwidth of the BAR is narrowed by using interferometry in conjuction with a novel delay line digital processor scheme. The beamwidth of the breadboard system spans a traffic lane width at 45 meters. The paper describes the details of the BAR sensor frontend and preliminary test results sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Institute for Telecommunication Sciences.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- ROSS, G F
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Braking; Interferometers; Radar; Sensors
- Old TRIS Terms: Radar applications
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308678
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780262
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM