SOME STATISTICAL ASPECTS OF TESTING ENGINE OILS FOR FUEL ECONOMY
It is essential that tests of fuel-efficient engine oils be statistically designed and properly analyzed. In this paper, we discuss the strengths and weaknesses of various designs and describe the proper ways of analyzing such data. In addition, general guidelines are presented for determining the test fleet size and amount of replicate testing required.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Jones, E R
- Painter, L J
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Guidelines; Oils; Statistical analysis; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308667
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790951
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM