COUPLER AND KNUCKLE SERVICE PERFORMANCE
Combines failure data from two sources with fleet population data to obtain a relative failure index which is a measure of the relative failure rates among the coupler and knuckle components currently in freight service on american railroads. Also, includes statistics from the AAR mechanized car repair billing exchange system for couplers and knuckle components currently in freight service on American Railroads. Also, includes statistics from the AAR mechanized car repair billing exchange system for couplers and knuckles removed from service during an eighteen month period. A relative wear index has been calculated. Includes recommendations for removal from service of highest failure rate coupler and knuckle components.
- Sponsored by RPI/AAR Railroad Coupler Safety Research and Test Project.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Morella, N
- Cook, R M
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- Issue Number: 5
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Failure; Freight cars; Hand; Safety; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Failure indexes; Knuckles; Railroad coupler safety research and test project
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00051924
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads Research Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: #R-149 Tech Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1976 12:00AM