ELECTROCHEMICAL PROTECTION OF SHIP HULLS ( PRIMENENIE ELEKTROKHINICHESKOI ZASCHITY KORPUSA SUDNA )
Paint - and - varnish coatings are not a reliable means of protection from corrosion and fouling of ship hulls for the inter-docking period. In Soviet and foreign shipbuilding, electrochemical protection is used in combination with paint - and - varnish coatings. Protector-type ( galvanic ) shielding and the impressed current cathodic protection system are discussed and evaluated.
- Translated from Sudostroenie ( USSR ) V58 N5 P58-62 1968, by Lloyd G. Robbins
Naval Ship Systems CommandWashington, DC United States
- Kaganskii, G Ya
- Publication Date: 1968-12
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Protective coatings
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00002150
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1972 12:00AM