PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION PLANNING, OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
This book is presented in five parts which include a total of 35 chapters. The first part covers the historical development of public transportation in the U.S. The chapters (the development of public transportation in the city; the decline of transit; the decision-making environment) are in chronological order and tie the actual events to causes and effects. The second part (systems and technologies) exposes readers to the attributes of the various modes used presently to provide public transportation service and shows how the modes interrelate. Part II (comparing transit modes) concentrates on the factors to be considered in alternative analyses studies of transportation systems. Part IV (planning public transportation systems) covers the vital planning area, including the historical development of planning, significant current issues regarding the planning process, the newest planning tool-the TSM, planning for small systems as found in rural areas, and how system planning for public transportation differs from transportation planning per se. The fifth part deals with the management and operation of public transit systems. Part VI (policy considerations) goes into the specifics of various factors that influence public transit services and provides a good perspective of the factors to consider when establishing goals. Part VII looks at the future from several viewpoints including the improvement of existing facilities as well as new technology.
Prentice-Hall, IncorporatedRoute 9W
Englewood Cliffs, NJ United States 07632
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 749 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; History; Improvements; Mode S; Operations; Public transit; Rural areas; Systems analysis; Technology; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; History; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00308645
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 20 1981 12:00AM