OPERATION, MODIFICATION, AND MAINTENANCE OF DOE/PETC 700 H.P. COMBUSTION TEST FACILITY. SECOND QUARTERLY REPORT
The coal-oil mixture (COM) combustion test program of the 700 H.P. Combustion Test Facility has been performed successfully according to schedule. The parametric coal-oil mixture combustion tests with 30 and 40% coal concentrations were completed. Test data are being analyzed; some meaningful results were obtained. The combustor tests with 50% coal concentration have been initiated. The installation of the new 100 H.P., oil-fired, fire tube boiler for COM combustion studies is on schedule and facility shake down tests are scheduled.
Management and Technical Services CompanyClairton, PA USA
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Coal fuels; Combustion; High speed rail; Propulsion; Test facilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced propulsion; Combustion technology
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00308593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: COO-4740-6
- Contract Numbers: EW-78-C-02-4740
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 20 1980 12:00AM