TRANSIT PROGRAM FOR HOUSTON
The City of Houston organized the "Transit Action Program" to evaluate the feasibility of specific transit improvements in the Houston urban area. The work and report are a continuation of preliminary transportation and transit planning done by the Texas Highway Department and the Houston-Galveston Area Council. However, Transit Action Program work is the first in-depth investigation in recent times of short- and long-range mass transit needs. The new technical work has been complemented by a major effort to involve the community to a degree not commonly attempted, with significant and satisfying benefits from a better understanding of citizen attitudes and desires.
- The preparation of this report has been financed in part through a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Urban Mass Transportation Administration, under the Urban Mass Transportation Act of 1964, as amended.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Network analysis (Planning); Rapid transit; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Houston (Texas)
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00051899
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sum Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 9 1981 12:00AM