RESOURCES AND MAN
This report, by an NAS committee, covers the relationship of natural resources to our ecosystem. Sections of interest to the railroad community include food production, mineral resources, and energy resources. It would appear that petroleum production in the U.S. has peaked, that coal will last for several centuries, and that nuclear power holds the hope for the future.
- Completed with the cooperation of the Division of Biology and Agriculture, NAS/NRC.
Agricultural Research ServiceRoom 124, Building 011A ARC-West
Beltsville, MD United States 20705
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 259 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Energy resources; Freight transportation; Natural resources
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051889
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM