MATERIAL PLANNING AND CONTROL SYSTEM IN SAKAIDE SHIPYARD
Recent progress in production system of hull construction has produced the need for new planning and control system of steel material. The direct aim of this control system in which necessary steel materials can be received from the manufacturere at the appropriate time, and can be supplied to appropriate stage, is to minimize stock amount of steel materials. On the other hand, there have been many changes in outfitting works. Most shipbuilders have been adopting proceding outfitting methods such as unit-outfitting and block-outfitting, and outfitting works have been carried out according to drawings in which all necessary information are indicated. Naturally, these changes need new planning and control system for outfitting as well as hull construction. This paper presents the two systems employing a computer to improve control over material ordering and flow of material through the production process.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- NAKAI, H
- Yaoi, H
- HIRATA, Y
- Kawaguchi, H
- Mikayama, K
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Issue Number: VI-3
- TRT Terms: Computers; Information processing; Modernization; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00051885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 5 1974 12:00AM