MAPLIS--A TOOL FOR MATERIAL PLANNING AND CONTROL IN THE SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
The paper presents an information system intended for the material administration at the Stord Verft, a member of the Aker Group. The system covers the stages from the design to the delivery of materials to the production department. The design, planning, purchase and financial departments communicate with the system, and some of the users in these departments use on-line terminals for easy access to information stored in a database. The on-line terminals are controlled by one of the mini-computers in a local datanet connected to a large scale computer.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Saeveraas, R
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Data processing; Modernization; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00051884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 5 1974 12:00AM