TRACK COMPONENT--PROPERTY TESTS VOLUME I--RAIL, TIE AND FASTENERS
This report describes the test procedures and the results of tests on the physical properties of rail, tie and fastener. The properties obtained are the bending rigidity of the tie, bending rigidity of the rail in both the vertical and lateral planes, and the fastener resistance to rotation about the vertical axis. The component tests were run on two rail sections, 115 lb RE and 136 lb RE, on 7"x9"x81/2" gum ties and on three fastener configurations on the two different rail sections. The tests were conducted at the Association of American Railroads (AAR) Track Structures Dynamic Test Facility in Chicago, Illinois.
- Record URL:
Chicago, IL United States 60616
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Zarembski, A M
- Choros, J
- Gitlin, I
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Inspection; Laboratory tests; Rail (Railroads); Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stiffness
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail sections; Track component investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00308275
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/32 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30038
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM