THE KANSAS TEST TRACK PART I--ANALYSIS OF TEST DATA
This report presents the results of an experimental project to compare the performance of different track support systems. Data obtained during the project are summarized, presented, and analyzed. Based on these data, conclusions are made regarding the performance of the different track support systems. Details of instruments used for data measurement, their location in track, test procedures, and test data are presented in Part II of the report.
- Record URL:
Skokie, IL United States 60077
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ball, C G
- Hanson, N W
- Weber, J W
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete slab track; Concrete ties; Data collection; Embankments; Instrumentation; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Subgrade (Pavements); Test tracks; Train track dynamics; Unconventional track
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast
- Old TRIS Terms: Kansas test track; Track response investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00308270
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/22.I Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-90043
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM