COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN--VOLUME I COMET-X-DEMONSTRATIVE EXAMPLES
The report contains an overview of COMET-X, a degree adaptive finite element program. Specific applications of COMET-X to railroad oriented and stress concentration problems are sought and described. The accuracy of results and efficiency of computation is compared with GIFTS-4, a grid adaptive finite element program. It is observed that in general COMET-X requires less CPU time than GIFTS-4. Little or no effort has been devoted to presenting the advantages of graphic pre- and post-processing of GIFTS Program.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Prasad, B
- Garg, V K
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Dynamic tests; Finite element method; Fracture mechanics; Freight cars; Stresses; Structural analysis; Vehicle design; Weldments
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Stress concentration
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car design; Ibm 360
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00308265
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-358 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM