GUIDE TO MARINE TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION SOURCES IN CANADA
An annotated directory has been developed to provide information on available data and bibliographic/statistical services which identify Canadian marine transportation information sources. The Guide includes 123 non-bibliographic sources of information such as corporate expertise within governments, universities, associations and commercial bodies. Primary sources were used to extract information on active agencies in the marine field. These bodies were then profiled. Seventy secondary bibliographic sources with significant Canadian content such as data bases, directories, abstracts, indices, bibliographies, research in progress, periodicals, handbooks, etc. were identified. A detailed index follows the organizations profiles and bibliographic entries.
- Made the request of the Statistics and Data Committee, Marine Transportation R & D Advisory Board.
Toronto-York University Joint Program in TranspInformation Services, 150 St George Street
Toronto, ONo M5S 1A1, Canada
Transport Canada Research and Development Centre1000 Sherbrooke Street, West, P.O. Box 549
Montreal, Quebec H3A 2R3, Canada
- MacKay, M C
- Poole, A L
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 265 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Databases; Directories; Information organization; Information systems; Transportation; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation information
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00308228
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TP 2431 Directory
- Contract Numbers: 8903
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1980 12:00AM