APPARATUS TO FACILITATE BURNING OF A LAYER OF OIL, PARTICULARLY OIL SPILLS
Apparatus for facilitating the burning of an oil spill in-situ is described which utilizes a plurality of closely associated floating facilitators. The facilitators are constructed of a highly insulative and porous material for subdividing the oil spill into separable definable oil columns that are substantially thermally insulated from the body of water to minimize heat transfer between the body of water and the oil spill.
- Filed on 26 August 1977.
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20585
- Tokarz, R D
- Publication Date: 1979-5-15
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Heat transfer; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Oil water interfaces; Patents; Petroleum refining
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil removal equipment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00308217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4,154,684 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM