RISKS AND COSTS FOR OCEAN STRUCTURES
This brief summarizes five current MIT research projects which can assist in the design of offshore structures--an area beset with critical engineering uncertainties: 1) Geotechnical Exploration Techniques; 2) In Situ Measurements in Marine Clay; 3) Application of Risk Analysis to Design; 4) Risk Analysis of Long-term Displacement of a Gravity Foundation under Wave Loading; 5) Probabilistic Model for Degradation of Foundation Stiffness in Steel Jacket Structures under Wave and Seismic Loads.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyMarine Industry Collegium
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Foundations; Loads; Mathematical models; Ocean engineering; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Risk analysis; Soil structure interaction; Structural design; Water waves; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations (Structures); Wave forces on structures; Wave loads
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00308208
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MITSG 79-18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM