THE SUPERCHARGED DIESEL ENGINE OF THE PEUGEOT 604
Starting with a mass produced naturally aspirated Diesel engine, a turbo charged version has been developed for the purpose of fitting it to a passenger car. In its first part, this paper justifies and describes the modifications. In the second part, the main problems of engine to vehicle adaptation, and their solutions, are described. Afterwards the general behavior of the vehicle from the viewpoints of performances, fuel economy, exhaust gases pollution and noise emission, are reviewed. It is concluded that the turbocharged Diesel is of real interest.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Moulin, M
- Regneault, M
- Publication Date: 1979-8-9
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Noise; Turbidity; Vehicle performance; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Turbidimeters
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308144
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790762
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM