THE COMPONENT SPECIALISTS' CONTRIBUTION TO ENGINE EFFICIENCY
Comparisons are made of methods of construction and technical performance which illustrate progress in engine design over the last 40 years, and the contribution made in development by engine component specialists. Predictive techniques and uses of specialised rig tests used in piston assembly development are described. It is suggested that the main prime movers in use during the first two decades of the next century will still be recognisable as reciprocating engines, but that efficiencies will be improved by reduced friction and by a more efficient response to engine load demand.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- ROBINSON, J E
- Publication Date: 1979-8-9
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic efficiency; Engines; Forecasting; Performance; Piston engines; Pistons (Engines); Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308137
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790760
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM