AIR-TO-AIR CHARGE AIR COOLING FOR TRUCK ENGINES
To improve the performance and to limit the exhaust emissions from turbocharged truck diesel engines, air-to-air charge coolers have been introduced by some manufacturers. Such systems offer the best possible efficiency at a reasonable cost, but the influence of the complete engine system must be considered when the truck is designed.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Haggh, B
- Holmer, E
- Publication Date: 1979-8-9
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling; Diesel engines; Economic efficiency; Engines; Exhaust gases; Performance; Trucks; Turbochargers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Coolers; Truck engines; Turbocharging
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308134
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790770
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM