WORKSHOP ON AREA TRAFFIC CONTROL. BRISBANE, AUGUST 1978. PROCEEDINGS
This report contains the papers presented at and discussion record of a workshop on area traffic control held in Brisbane in August 1978 as part of the 9th ARRB Conference. The theme was devoted to current problems and research priorities in ATC. Amongst the topics discussed were: the merits of the Sydney Co-ordinated Adoptive Traffic (SCAT) system; the need for on-line measurement of effectiveness; the importance of catering for various road user groups; the use of transyt as an evaluation tool with user-defined performance indices; and a discussion of modern traffic control equipment and application in an ATC system to be installed in Manila. It was recognised that there is a need for a second appraisal of scat's improvement over a fixed-time control system on a grid type network. Priority should be given to research in the feedback of traffic flow information through vehicle detectors to a central site for accurate monitoring and improvement of the performance of an ATC system. (TRRL)
- Proceedings from Workshop on Area Traffic Control, Brisbane, August 1978.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Area traffic signal control; Computer programs; Conferences; Equipment; Grids (Transmission lines); Measures of effectiveness; Performance; Public transit; Traffic control; Traffic delays; Traffic flow; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signals; Vehicle detectors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 669: Area traffic control; 8006: Australia; 8525: Conference; 9010: Delay; 3674: Equipment; 597: Linked signals; 8645: Software; 671: Traffic flow; 565: Traffic signal
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00308023
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARR No. 92 Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 22 1981 12:00AM