ELLIPTICAL CRACK SUBJECTED TO NONUNIFORM SHEAR LOADING
The equations of elasticity are solved for the problem of a flat elliptical crack which has nonuniform shear stresses applied to its surfaces. The shear stresses are prescribed independently in two directions on the crack surface and are expressed in the form of a third-degree polynomial. Mode two and mode three stress-intensity factors are presented in analytical and graphical form as functions of position along the crack border.
- Presented at ASME meeting, Sept. 17-19, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Smith, F W
- Sorensen, D R
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Stress intensity factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Crack stresses
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00051831
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME #73-APMW-42 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM