COLONIAL TAXI COMPANY OF BETHEL PARK, PENNSYLVANIA--PRIVATE ENTERPRISE IN PARATRANSIT
The purpose of this paratransit agency case study was to develop basic instructional materials to support university classroom and professional short course training in local paratransit planning. This curriculum material consists of 6 separate documents--a guide and 5 paratransit case studies--titled: Paratransit Resource Guide; The Seattle/King Country Commuter Pool Program--Paratransit and Rush Hour Congestion; Colonial Taxi Company of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania--Private Enterprise in Paratransit; The Paratransit Services of the Choanoke Area (North Carolina) Development Association--Rural Transit in Coordinated Human Services Transportation; The Dial-A-Bat Paratransit Service of Brockton, Massachusetts, Area Transit--Public Transit in Coordinated Human Services Transportation; and Knoxville, Tennessee, Commuter Pool--Matching Markets to Modes with Paratransit Brokering.
- Report 3 of 6, Paratransit Case Studies.
University of Oklahoma, NormanSchool of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science, 202 West Boyd Street
Norman, OK USA 73019
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Carpools; Commuters; Local government; Paratransit services; Peak hour traffic; Physically handicapped persons; Private enterprise; Private transportation; Public transit; Ridesharing; Taxicabs; Traffic congestion; Transportation planning; Wheelchairs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00307964
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-OK-11-0001-79-3
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM