AUTOMATIC BENDING OF PLATES BY A UNIVERSAL PRESS
The authors investigated a new system of plate forming, which is composed of a numerically controlled universal press with multiple piston heads. The universal press is supposed to be suitable for numerically controlled operation. Yet, there exist many problems which must be solved before the universal press is incorporated into a shipyard production system. In the paper, the authors conducted experimental investigation of plate forming by a prototype universal press and of hardware of a numerically controlled press, especially numerically controlled screw jacks. Theoretical investigations were carried out into the deformation of plates, mathematical definition of ship's hull and the procedure of plate forming using the universal press. Finally, the authors discussed the system of automated plate forming by a universal press.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Nishioka, F
- Nishimaki, K
- Matsuishi, M
- TANAKA, T
- Yasukawa, W
- Yamauchi, T
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Issue Number: II-5
- TRT Terms: Computers; Information processing; Modernization; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00051822
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM