MACSNET--HIERARCHICAL COMPUTER NETWORK IN MITSUI SHIPBUILDING & ENGINEERING COMPANY, LIMITED
The purpose of MACSNET is to remove various obstacles that inhibit efforts of computerization for rationalizing shipbuilding industry. In other words, the purpose of MASCNET is to produce such an environment that may promote and advance the development of the following systems requiring advanced computer technology: Computer Aided Management, Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Production, Computer Controlled Production. MACSNET is Hierarchical Computer Network which is currently being developed at Mitsui Shipbuilding & Engineering Company, Ltd. (MSE) as a part of management improvement plan.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Aya, H
- Ezaki, T
- OKAMOTO, Y
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Issue Number: III3
- TRT Terms: Computers; Information processing; Modernization; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051820
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM