COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN AND PRODUCTION ON A MULTI-YARDS ORGANIZATION STATUS AND TRENDS
Computer Aided Design has been developed into computer based design because the electronic data computer has been developed from aiding design into a man-machine function where it suggests how to design. The computer in this application has 3 broad functions: (1) design and production; (2) activities planning, programming and controlling; and (3) budget and cost controls. There are several modular sub-systems in various stages of development and use. The break-even point economically has been reached and the computer based systems are now carrying their own weight.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Oliva, L A
- Virgilietti, E
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Issue Number: I-6
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Modernization; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM