VIKING SYSTEM FOR SHIP DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
A system covering the essential parts of the hull design and production process is presented. Modules for hull fairing, shell plate development, longitudinal processing and parts processing, all working on a set of information files and producing material for planning and control of the ship building process, are described. Experience and future development is discussed.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- MAGNUSSON, L
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Issue Number: I-3
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Modernization; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051814
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM