INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SYSTEM AND ITS APPLICATION FOR THE BASIC DESIGN OF THE SHIP
A system of information retrieval provides computer aided management to the results from ship model tank tests, sea trails, and propeller model tank tests. The system is applied to developing new ship dimensions, power requirements, and propeller selection. The tests and trial results are stored on disc packs and used with characteristics and/or main dimensions as input data. Comparative analyses by the computer of this data produces an output (basic design) that is reliable and the selection is made efficiently.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Yazaki, A
- Sumiyoshi, H
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Issue Number: II-1
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Energy consumption; Naval architecture; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Power requirement; Propeller selection
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051807
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM