THE CLASSROOM DESIGN OF A COGAS PLANT BY NAVAL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING STUDENTS
This paper details the design of a gas turbine-steam turbine plant (COGAS) used to introduce Naval Systems Engineering majors to the fundamentals of gas turbine theory and application. A brief description is given of the laboratory program used to supplement the COGAS design. Using the Naval Academy's gas turbine and steam turbine facilities, students design their own experiments in order to familiarize themselves with the operation, application, and limits of this equipment.
- Paper presented at the Israel Joint Gas Turbine Conference and Exhibit, 9-11 July 1979.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Richard, C C
- Latham, R F
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Electric power plants; Gas turbines; Operations; Steam turbines; Structural design; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant design; Power plant operation; Steam turbine design; Training courses (Steam turbines)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00307532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79-GT/Isr-7 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM