SUPERCAVITATING PROPELLER PERFORMANCE. INFLUENCE OF PROPELLER GEOMETRY AND INTERACTION BETWEEN PROPELLER, RUDDER, AND HULL
Systematic tests with supercavitating propellers have been carried out. The results are shown as design charts, performance curves, cavitation limits and empirical corrections of the design method. Influence on the performance of profile modifications, shaft inclination and interaction between propeller, rudder and hull is shown. Cavitation observations and measurements of thrust, torque and pressure fluctations at model tests are compared with corresponding measurements in full scale.
- Extended version of paper presented at Joint Symposium on Design and Operation of Fluid Machinery, held at Fort Collins, Colorado on June 12-14, 1978.
Swedish State Shipbuilding Experimental TankP.O. Box 24001
S-40022 Goteborg 24, Sweden
- RUTGERSSON, O
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Hulls; Performance; Propeller shafts; Propellers; Prototype tests; Rudders; Supercavitating propellers; Thrust
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull propeller interaction; Model testing; Propeller geometry; Propeller performance; Propeller rudder interaction; Propeller shaft inclination; Propeller thrust
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00307512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PUB-82
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM