WORLD SURVEY OF CURRENT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ON ROADS AND ROAD TRANSPORT. A REPORT COVERING AN INVENTORY OF 54 COUNTRIES
This is the fourteenth annual report of the International Road Federation's continuing World survey of current Research and Development on Roads and Road Transport. It covers a total of 54 countries, including the United States. It represents the only world-wide inventory of highway research in progress, being a cooperative effort of the Federal Highway Administration and the International Road Federation. The purpose of the R&D report is to provide for all who may be interested in highway matters a simple, timely record and summary of current highway research and development throughout the World and to encourage an interchange of information among researchers. The ultimate goal is to assist the countries in developing more productive highway research programs which will mean better and safer roads, lower maintenance costs and better living.
- See also report dated 1978, PB-290509. Prepared in cooperation with Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Paris (France), and Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC.
Washington, DC United States 20024
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 475 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Data collection; Development; Foreign; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Highways; Land use; Maintenance; Materials; Pavements; Research; Research projects; Roads; Surveys; Traffic engineering; Traffic safety; Transportation; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00305939
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annl Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8893
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM