VEHICLE LONGITUDINAL CONTROL AND RELIABILITY PROJECT. VOLUME 8: VLCR DATA BASE
This document provides a catalog of the data base material gathered and classified as part of the Vehicle Longitudinal Control and Reliability (VLCR) Project. The purpose of this effort is to assemble a comprehensive national data base which will help designers or developers, urban planners, program managers, and government officials evaluate and select automated guideway transit (AGT) systems. The VLCR data base incorporates the results of the VLCR Project, that is, final contractual deliverables, illustrated descriptions of domestic and foreign AGT systems, as well as reports describing the procedures and results of the VLCR experimental program. In addition, the data base encompasses a large number of other technical documents dealing with vehicle longitudinal control, command, control, and communication systems, propulsion, braking, reliability, and other related subjects. The basic organization of the VLCR data base catalog consists of two sections: (1) an annotated bibliography, and (2) a subject index. The annotated bibliography offers an alphabetical, sequentially numbered listing of all the documents contained in the data base. It gives complete bibliographical information of these documents so that they can be obtained with reasonable ease through any library service. The subject index is not a dictionary nor a thesaurus. It is an alphabetical compilation of the main concepts used in the base documents. It includes all the keywords listed in the annotated bibliography, as well as entries, subentries, and cross-references.
- See also Volume 5, PB-299 798.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO USA 80010
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Gary, M J
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 217 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Bibliographies; Braking; Command and control systems; Command guidance; Communication devices; Communications; Control devices; Couplers; Data collection; Design; Force; Motor vehicles; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Stability (Mechanics); Transit operating agencies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Longitudinal stability; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00305920
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTIS/TTD/VLCR-075 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0148-79-13
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70048
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1982 12:00AM