VESSEL TRAFFIC SYSTEM (VTS) COMMUNICATION STUDY
The Vessel Traffic System Communications Study was performed to analyze the information sources and requirements for safe navigation in U.S. harbors. The effect of the information that was found necessary to be collected and passed by a VTS, on existing voice communication channels, was analyzed to provide an identification of a need for better multiple voice frequencies or an alternate mode of communications. Specific results in both of these areas were obtained and can be directly applied to the problem of designing a VTS communication system. In addition certain other areas related to the design of a VTS communications system were uncovered and identified.
- See also report dated 29 Jun 73, AD-770 163.
Operations Research, Incorporated1400 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
- Brown, J H
- Kim, M C
- McGregor, D N
- Patton, E D
- Publication Date: 1973-7-1
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Control; Design; Harbors; Highway traffic control; Information systems; Radio frequency; Safety; Speech; Traffic control; Transfers; Vessel traffic control; Voice communication; Water traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Frequency bands
- Old TRIS Terms: Alternates; Cg
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00051785
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORI-TR-776 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-31,146-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM