SELF-SERVICE FARE COLLECTION. VOLUME II: SURVEY OF EUROPEAN TRANSIT PROPERTIES
This 4-volume study discusses the European SSFC system and the relative merits of the alternative approaches to self-service with respect to their application in the United States. Volume II summarizes the information obtained from eleven European transit properties and one Canadian property.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-132251 and Volume 3, PB80-132277. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E13, PB80-132244.
Mitre CorporationMetrek Division, 1820 Dolley Madison Boulveard
McLean, VA United States 22102
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Strickland, L R
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 183 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic fare collection; Automation; Economic efficiency; Equipment; Fare collection; Level of service; Payment; Penalties; Productivity; Public transit; Rapid transit; Revenues; Reviews; State of the art studies; Surveys; Transit operating agencies; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Services
- Geographic Terms: Canada; Europe; Western Europe
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00305916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-79-W00087-02REV1, UMTA-VA-06-0049-79-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-800047
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1981 12:00AM