ASSESSMENT OF THE MUELLER AEROBUS SYSTEM: THE SYSTEM INSTALLED AND OPERATED FOR THE BUNDESGARTENSCHAU 1975, MANNHEIM, GERMANY
This report describes the results of an assessment of the Mueller Aerobus System as it was installed and operated for the Bundesgartenschau 1975 (Federal Garden Show 1975) in Mannheim, Germany. This was the first application of this new transportation system which is based on cableway technology. It provided dual direction, scheduled passenger service between two distant points of the Garden Show, from April 18, 1975 to October 19, 1975. The report provides factual engineering information concerning the technical subsystems. System operational performance, system assurance, human interface, and safety and security were assessed. An evaluation of the distribution of capital and operating and maintenance costs, unit costs of service, and equivalent costs is presented. System development and implementation history are also summarized. Information and data for this study were collected from site visits, visits to the developer/manufacturer, interviews with representatives of the operator and system developer and other literature.
Lea (N. D.) and Associates, IncorporatedWashington, DC USA
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bamberg, W
- Elms, C P
- Hosenthien, H H
- Voss, W
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 262 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Cables; Control devices; Costs; Electric power; Electrical systems; Guideways; Maintainability; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Safety; Safety engineering; Suspended structures; Systems analysis; Technology; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Cable suspension guideways; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00305866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0189-79-2Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-80002
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1982 12:00AM