ASSESSMENT OF THE BUSCH GARDENS AUTOMATED ANHEUSER-BUSCH SHUTTLE SYSTEM
This report describes an independent assessment of the operation of the shuttle system at the Busch Gardens theme park in Williamsburg, which has been in operation since 1975, and is part of the ride system in the park. The system connects two stations, the Garden Station at the theme park, and the Hospitality Center at the brewery. It is a single lane loop with one two-car train which stops on-line at each station, and is capable of operating in either the clockwise or counterclockwise direction. The information and data presented in this report were collected through surveys of literature, site visits, a visit to the manufacturer, and interviews with site and manufacturer's personnel. The report presents a description of the technical subsystems, as well as a review of performance, reliability, and maintainability. Where important, the review of technical subsystems includes applicability and modifications and/or improvements for application in an urban environment.
Lea (N. D.) and Associates, IncorporatedWashington, DC USA
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Theumer, H A
- Elms, C P
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Braking; Command and control systems; Command guidance; Communication devices; Ground vehicles; Guideways; Maintainability; Passenger terminals; People movers; Rapid transit; Recreational facilities; Reliability; Suspension systems; Technology assessment
- Geographic Terms: Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Guideway systems; Mechanical guides; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00305865
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0188-79-4Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-80025
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1982 12:00AM