A REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS DOCUMENT FOR TRANSIT VEHICLE WHEELCHAIR LIFT DEVICES
The purpose of the document is to provide guidelines for the design and evaluation of wheelchair lift devices for public transit vehicles (buses and light rail vehicles). Included is an analysis of wheelchair and maneuvering dimensions and their impact on both the lift system and transit vehicle design. Much of the content deals with general safety considerations and vehicle interior design which are the same for ramp or lift devices. A total of sixty three (63) requirements and recommendations are presented covering the design and operation of the lift, the vehicle lift interface, the vehicle interior, and the reliability and maintainability of the system. In addition, the report discusses evaluation parameters needed to assess the cost of public transit lift devices.
- See also PB-294 711.
Canyon Research Group, Incorporated741 Lakefield Road, Suite B
Westlake Village, CA USA 91361
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Sanders, M S
- Publication Date: 1978-6
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic lift; Aged; Buses; Design; Emergency vehicles; Evaluation; Guidelines; Light rail vehicles; Maintainability; Needs assessment; Passenger cars; Physically handicapped persons; Ramps; Reliability; Safety; Specifications; Street railroads; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Wheelchairs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Lifts; Requirement; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design; Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00305864
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-CA-06-0101-79-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-60106T
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1981 12:00AM