MORGANTOWN PEOPLE MOVER (MPM) OPERATING, AVAILABILITY, AND MAINTENANCE HISTORY, OCTOBER 1976 THROUGH JUNE 1978
The report covers the period of operation, dependability, and maintenance history of the Morgantown system (now known as the Morgantown People Mover - MPM) from October 1976 through June 1978. System performance in general improved greatly during this period. System availability on an annual basis rose from .880 for the year 1975-76 to .977 for the year 1977-78. Single vehicle reliability, as expressed in terms of mean time between downtime events, rose from approximately 85 hours at the end of the first year to approximately 150 hours at the end of the second year. The graphs in the report show that performance varied from month to month, but the trend was upward. Sixty-nine component failure types or other causes accounted for all the downtime recorded during the last year. About 61 percent of all the downtime events were due to only 17 causes. The other 39 percent were spread over 53 causes. A complete computer printout of the entire Morgantown data base is found in the Appendix of the report.
- See also report dated Jan 77, PB-266 994.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Watt, C W
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Components; Evaluation; Failure; Failure analysis; Level of service; Maintainability; Maintenance; Operations; People movers; Performance; Reliability; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia); West Virginia
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00305812
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-45 Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0081-79-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 20 1982 12:00AM