COMPUTER DIAL-A-RIDE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION GUIDE. VOLUME 1
Computer Dial-A-Ride is a software system designed to automate scheduling and dispatching of vehicles. The system consists of a real-time program that controls all aspects of operating the transportation service and various support programs used for file maintenance and statistical analyses. An understanding of the operation of the software is the key to its successful installation. Section IV details the process of unpacking and installing the software system. The software is not self-installing, and it is not a 'turn-key' system; it will require technical support in its installation and operation. The purpose of the document is to assist systems programmers in the installation of the Computer Dial-A-Ride Package. The functions, composition, and form of the package are described and the activities and operations related to the installation of the software at a user site are defined. The software is most suitable for installation on a 36-bit or greater (e.g., a 48-bit) computer. Installation on 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit computers requires modifications to the software system.
- For system on magnetic tape, see PB80-115736. See also Volume 2, PB80-115751.
ADP Network ServicesFederal Systems Division, 2011 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Harper, S H
- Hughes-Caley, L
- Publication Date: 1978-1
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Guidelines; Installation; Level of service; Programming manuals; Real time control; Scheduling; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Real time operation
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00305779
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/DF-79/004A,, UMTADC-06-0141
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 20 2003 12:00AM