TECHNICAL PROGRESS IN SHIPBUILDING AND MARINE ENGINEERING IN JAPAN DURING 1972
The state-of-the-art report outlines the coordinated efforts of various research activities being carried out by the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, Kansai Society of Naval Architects, Society of Naval Architects of West Japan, Ship Research Institute, The Shipbuilding Research Association of Japan and the Japan Welding Society. The availability of each completed research report is presented and the research projects underway by each group are discussed. The contents include the following 21 categories: Shipbuilding Statistics; Shipbuilding Facilities; Progress of Shipbuilding Practice and Its Effect; Major Ships Completed; Ship Design; Review of Ocean Development Related Machinery; Hull Strength; Vibration and Dynamic Response; Welding; Material; Resistance and Propulsion; Seaworthiness and Wave Load; Maneuverability; Steam Turbine Plants; Diesel Engines; Gas Turbines; Nuclear Powered Ships; Shafting and Propellers; Auxiliary Machinery, Fitting and Others; Electric Part and Automatic Control System; Important Amendments to Rules and Classification Society Rules.
Society of Naval Architects of Japan23 Shiba-kotohiracho, Minato-ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Diesel engines; Fluid resistance; Fracture mechanics; Gas turbines; Hulls; Maneuverability; Modernization; Planning; Production; Production control; Propulsion; Seaworthiness; Shaft bearings; Shafts (Machinery); Ship motion; Ships; Shipyards; Stability (Mechanics); Steam power plants; Stresses; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants; Vibration; Waveform analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion; Propulsion plants; Shaft stresses; Ship automation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051775
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects of Japan
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 18 1974 12:00AM