HANDBOOK FOR MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE AUDITS. VOLUME II
The Handbook introduces decision makers in transit properties, municipalities, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, and State Departments of Transportation to the concepts and techniques involved in management performance audits. Volume II, is a field guide consisting of outlines and questionnaires used in conducting an audit. The outlines and questionnaires are provided for each characteristic of a transit system including its external environment, its governing body, and its internal functions such as maintenance, transportation, accounting, and finance. The outlines give the auditor a guide for collecting data by way of interviewing employees and other individuals involved with the transit system. The questions provide technical detail that an auditor must collect from each functional area.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-117484.
Indiana University, BloomingtonInstitute for Urban Transportation
Bloomington, IN United States 47405
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Smerk, G M
- Dodge, S A
- Lee, C M
- Humpf, J J
- Gunning, J L
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Auditing; Economic efficiency; Evaluation; Finance; Handbooks; Level of service; Maintenance; Management; Measures of effectiveness; Metropolitan areas; Performance; Public transit; Quality of work; Questionnaires; Strategic planning; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Efficiency; Financial management; Performance indicators; Services; Systems management; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00305745
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IN-11-0004-79-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 2003 12:00AM