NATIONAL MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT AND HIGHWAY SAFETY PROGRAM REGIONAL WORKSHOPS
Four regional workshops were conducted addressing the National Maximum Speed Limit (NMSL) and highway safety programs. The attendees included the chief administrators and field commanders of state law enforcement agencies. The workshops accomplished the following major objectives: (1) to keep law enforcement administrators abreast of federal programs impacting on police traffic services, including the 55 NMSL, and to review the NHTSA's programs and research activities; (2) to provide state law enforcement administrators with the opportunity to identify key problem areas in the delivery of police traffic services to the NHTSA in order to provide direction for future NHTSA research efforts; (3) to review the Highway Safety Act of 1978 and attendant federal regulations as they impact on police traffic services, including the NMSL; and (4) to provide a forum for the participants for the exchange of ideas, mutual support, and regional planning for improvement in the delivery of police traffic services. Recommendations covering various aspects of state/federal relationships, highway safety programs, and combined efforts for NMSL enforcement were developed by the attendees.
International Association of Chiefs of Police11 Firstfield Road
Gaithersburg, MD United States 20760
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sostkowski, R H
- Thompson, R C
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Law enforcement; Level of service; Meetings; Police; Project management; Speed limits; States; Strategic planning; Traffic safety; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Services
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00305740
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-148 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01345
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1980 12:00AM