NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMMERCIAL TRUCK EXPOSURE ESTIMATION. VOLUME I: SUMMARY
The scope for the symposium provided by NHTSA included discussion and presentation of materials involving the broadest aspects of the subject of commercial vehicle exposure estimation, with specific emphasis on: (1) The basic need for exposure measurement as an essential element of accident research reflecting accident causation analysis, risk analysis, etc.; (2) Current data sources and collection mechanisms; (3) Potential new data sources and collection mechanisms; and (4) Potentialities for modeling and simulation of commercial vehicle trip-making or travel characteristics. It was identified that a large number of state and federal agencies are compiling truck exposure data in a non-uniform fashion. Recommendations include the need for coordination between federal agencies to establish an integrated data gathering and retrieval system for commercial truck exposure information.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-114077.
Institute for Safety AnalysisWashington, DC United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- REISS, M L
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial transportation; Commercial vehicles; Common carriers; Coordination; Crash causes; Crash exposure; Crash investigation; Data collection; Estimates; Hazards; Highway transportation; Information systems; Meetings; Risk assessment; Simulation; State government; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Travel; Travel patterns; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure; Motor vehicle accidents; Trip
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00305571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 9968-2 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-805-121
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-02046
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM