VEHICLE LONGITUDINAL CONTROL AND RELIABILITY PROJECT. A REVIEW OF AGT (AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT) CONTROL AND MEASUREMENT SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY. VOLUME 2, PART A
The report discusses theoretical and implemented longitudinal control concepts as they apply to four categories of AGT vehicles: shuttle-loop transit, large and small group rapid transit, and personal rapid transit vehicles. This report is organized into two sections. Section 2 describes the theoretical aspects of longitudinal control and briefly describes the longitudinal systems for five state of the art AGT systems. The theoretical control review includes vehicle follower, point follower and fixed block systems along with the control of merging vehicles. Section 3 reviews the options available for measuring vehicle states. The measurement technology review includes sensors for measuring vehicle velocity, position and separation between vehicles. Appendix A of this report provides a classification matrix for ten operational AGT systems.
- See also Volume 2, Part C, PB-300 373.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO USA 80010
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Petrino, E
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Control devices; Detectors; Electric power transmission; Electric railroads; Feedback control; Rapid transit; Spacing; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Longitudinal stability; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00305570
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTIS/TTD/VLCR-066, UMTA-IT-06-0148-79-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70048
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 2002 12:00AM