CRITERIA FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF OPTIMUM INTEGRATION ALGORITHM INTO THE WRECKER PROGRAM. VOLUME I: SUMMARY FINAL REPORT
Three research versions of the WRECKER program (a program which models motor vehicle collisions) are created by incorporating new integration methods in the WRECKER I and II programs. The integration algorithms are the variable time step Newmark, the EPISODE and the FU methods. These research versions were tested with seven illustrative problems and the results show that the new methods are superior to the implicit method used in WRECKER II and more accurate and more stable than the explicit method used in WRECKER I. A brief documentation of these research versions is included for ready reference.
Chi Associates IncorporatedArlington, VA USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Tucker, J R
- Chi, M
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Collisions; Computer programming; Crash injury research; Differential equations; Motor vehicles; Nonlinear differential equations; Numerical integration; Research; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00305569
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-083 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01620
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM