RECOMMENDED PRACTICE FOR COMBATTING ICE JAMS
Contents: Field observations of ice jams and data analysis; Artificial weakening of ice; Mechanical destruction of ice; Artificial ice jams and straightening of channels; Using airplanes to prevent and destroy ice jams; Prevention and destruction of ice jams with explosives; Passage of ice through hydraulic structures during construction and use of hydroelectric stations without ice jam formation; Hydraulic and thermal regulation of water bodies and currents to prevent and combat ice jams.
- Draft trans. of mono. Metodicheskie Ukazaniya po Borbe s Zatorami i Zazhorami l'da, Leningrad, 1970 p1-151.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Sinotin, V I
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Control; Dams; Explosives; Floods; Forecasting; Ice; Ice formations; Ice phenomena; Ice prevention; Icebreakers; Icebreaking; Loss and damage; Rivers; Thermal properties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ice breakup; Ice jams
- Old TRIS Terms: A
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00051763
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL-TL400
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1974 12:00AM