NORTHWEST INDIANA TRANSIT SYSTEM PROGRAM. PHASE III REPORT: FIVE-YEAR TRANSIT IMPROVEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
The report is the third phase of a three part transit development program for Lake and Porter Counties, Indiana. This report presents the technical details needed to implement the transit program as recommended in Phase II of the study. The transit system recommended for Northwest Indiana consists of four elements: a regional bus route system, commuter service, express service, and service for the elderly and handicapped. The report discusses financial requirements, sources of assistance and suggests administrative structure for operation of the service.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-111214. Prepared for Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission, Highland. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E11, PB80-111198.
Barton-Aschman Associates, Incorporated820 Davis Street
Evanston, IL USA 60204
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bus transit; Commuter service; Financing; Fixed routes; Highway transportation; Level of service; Passengers; Physically handicapped persons; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Regional planning; Regional transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak; Chicago South Shore and South Bend Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Indiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity); Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00305545
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1982 12:00AM