MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 9, NUMBER 1
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) sponsored Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studies involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity (severe enough so that at least one vehicle must be towed from the scene). The Teams investigate each accident in-depth and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also Volume 8, Number 1, PB-282740.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 471 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash rates; Crashes; Drivers; Highway transportation; Highways; Injuries; Loss and damage; Motor vehicles; Property; Research; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicle occupants; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Property damage
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00305535
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805 027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM